v

v
Spring Pastel Nails

Nail Care on the go

nail art

nail art
Abstract Faces

French Manicure

french manicure rhinestones sparkle unusual

Can you believe that the last time I attempted a french manicure I was 15? I can't quite believe that was 10 years ago. I went through a phase where I loved this design so much. My school didn't allow nail polish (or make up or hair dye) so I was perfecting my french manicure every day after school so that when the weekend came my nails were on point!


I was a bit rusty but I was keen to try this design again. The white tips were done free hand because I just can't be bothered with vinyls, I don't think I'd be able to stick them on straight anyway. I just followed a natural curve on my nail. I used Barry M Cotton. I added a silver stripes using Ciate Fit for a Queen and some purple rhinestones,

To create that nice creamy french manicure I used Mavala Optical Nail Whitener. It has a very delicate pink hint to it and looks absolutely gorgeous on. I applied one coat then a white tip and then another coat. I did it this way because I didn't want the white tip to be "too white".

alternative french manicure rhinestones silver border

I bought this polish when I stained my nails badly. I really wanted to do a negative space design but couldn't stand my yellowed nails. The formula is a bit tricky but I think I cracked it in the end. The problem were streaks. To avoid them I had to shake the bottle before applying the polish on EVERY nail. Applying thicker coats also helped. I think it has the most gorgeous colour, perfect for that pink, clean french manicure but sadly that's not why I bought it. This polish was supposed to make my nails look bright and hide discolouration. Well I suppose it did, in a sense that it covered my stains with a nice pinky colour...but then wouldn't any polish do that? And for less than £10 too, I think!

It doesn't change the fact that I love this design and I will be using this polish again because it does create a stunning base for french manicure. What do you think? Have you got any tips on how to get rid of stained nails?

Thanks for reading x

No comments